Hours & Admission
Winter Business Hours
Tuesday – Thursday: 9am – 4pm
Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 11 am – 3 pm
* Hours are subject to change, depending on our event schedule
History Tours are not available due to a private event January 10-15th
Private Rental Tours
- If you are interested in a private rental, hosting a reception or special event – please contact us at 215-947-2004 ex 26 to schedule a walk through.
- Consultations for private rental of the estate and grounds are available by appointment.
- Open House for inquiring private rental clients will be hosted every Wednesday in the month of January from 6pm – 8pm
General Historic Tour Information
- Guided historic tours are offered Tuesday – Sunday at 10 am and 11 am, reservations recommended. Availability limited.
- To reserve tickets for an historic tour, call 215.947.2004 ex 31.
- The Garden House is the Welcome Center for the estate and for the Bryn Athyn Historic District. Visitors and deliveries are directed to the Garden House upon arrival.
- The guided historic tour lasts for approximately 1 ½ hours.
- All visitors require a historic tour guide; self-guided tours are not available.
- The Garden house and the first floor of the estate is wheelchair accessible. Handicapped parking is located near the main house entrance. Some rooms included in the historic tour are not accessible by wheelchair.
- While flash photography for personal use is permitted, tripods, and professional photography for publication is not allowed without a permit. Contact a member of the estate staff to learn more about commercial photography opportunities.
- Group tours for 10 guests or more are at 10 am only, reservations required. Bus tours are welcome.
Experience the Grandeur of the Gilded Age.
Designed by the renowned architectural firm of Carrère and Hastings to be a home for the industrialist John Pitcairn and his young family, Cairnwood evokes the grandeur of the Gilded Age with its elegance, romantic details, and sweeping vistas. Today, while maintaining the intimate atmosphere of a private home, Cairnwood has been designated a National Historic Landmark. Open to the public, the estate offers guided tours, special programs, and is available for wedding receptions, photo shoots, corporate entertaining, fundraising and social events of all kinds.
Cairnwood is located near the border of Bucks and Montgomery Counties within the Bryn Athyn Historic District. The grounds are 16 miles from center city Philadelphia and are easily accessible from Interstate 95, the Philadelphia Airport, and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Cairnwood is part of the Bryn Athyn College campus and shares its grounds with the Glencairn Museum and the Bryn Athyn Cathedral. Next to the house and grounds are the pristine woodlands of the Pennypack Nature Preserve, the largest private reserve in Montgomery County, serving as the anchor to this graceful campus of architectural wonders.